Thursday, July 2, 2009

All Over the Place

Well! If you do read my blog-many apologies for not updating in a long while:)! I have been all over the place- physically and mentally!!

All of the siblings between my mom and step-dad gathered together to celebrate my grandpa's 90th birthday!! Wowsers- some cupcake pics to come from the party (as soon as my sister emails them to me!). Anyhow, we had such a great time honoring this great man! He is such a hard worker-still working part-time-and a gentle and loving man. It was really great to be with family, esp. those that live far away.

Mentally I am all over the place too! I have just finished "weening" Zeke. Wow-I never knew how far out of whack my hormones were going to be. And to top it off we just moved into a new place, only a few buildings down, but a ton of work none the less! Oh and did I mention Zeke is teething-never any fun-for he or I!

So my mind is all over the place. My highs are high and my lows are really low. I have been begging Jesus to be my strength. I am finding my bearings in Him. It is not easy. I have to return to Him many times, a humbling thing for someone who tries to be so self-reliant. I am so glad that Jesus' grace is sufficient for me, I am so glad that when I am weak He is strong. No matter how I "feel".

Sweet Jesus-please be my strength today. Help me to trust You, Your help, and Your words. Help me to rest in You as I go about my day today. Please be my peace and help me keep my eyes fixed on You. You are so good to me. Teach me in these times. I love you so very much. Amen.

2 Samuel 22:31 This God— his way is perfect; the word of the LORD proves true; He is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 18:30 This God—his way is perfect; the word of the LORD proves true; He is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.

Psalm 31:2 Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily! Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me!

Psalm 34:8 Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!

No comments:

Post a Comment