Monday, June 15, 2009

Set My Love Upon Him

I remember a time where I could not wait to get alone with Jesus. Do you remember such a time? Or perhaps you have never felt that way at all. At that time it was not on my check list to have a quiet time, or I wasn't just reading the bible to find out how I could prove someone wrong, or to get more head knowledge. I was turning to the Bible to be alone with Jesus. To hear His voice through God's word. He would tell me such sweet things. Things that penetrated deep into my heart that fanned the flame of my love for Him. I have really been missing that time in my life and have been praying for more of it. And getting angry at God when it does not "just happen" when I want it to. As He and I have been talking He has shown me something. Psalm 91.14-16 says: 14 ,"Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name.15 When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him.16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation."

I looked up that meaning of love and it is as follows- in hebrew:chahaq (pronounced khaw-shaw) to cling, that is to join, (figuratively) to love, delight in, to desire, set in love. I was so convicted! Here I am complaining to God because I don't "feel Him", yet am I setting out to cling to Him? His word? Sure I know there are times when you cannot sense God, times where He is building our character to trust in Him when we do not sense nor see Him at work. But I do believe as His word tells us that we can seek Him and He will be found. And as it is stated by Hosea- The Lord delights in our loyalty rather than our sacrifice.

So I find my self questioning my tantrum. Where are you Lord!!! Why can't I feel You right now!! Show up!!! And He, in His kindness asks, "Have you held fast to me in love"? Ouch. My time spent with Him ebs and flows. And usually I am begging for things and then reading the Bible to check it off of my list. Double ouch. Oh Lord thank You for reminding me of the times You helped me cling to you in love by showing me the wonder of Your Word. There are so many gems in his word. So many places in scripture that set my heart in a place where I cannot help but to delight in Him. I so badly want to open up His Word and soak up those places. Places that feel like they were written only to me. Places where I get lost in His love for me, and the amazing wonder of who He is. This is a place where I learn how to hold fast to Him in love. I am able to do this because He first loved me. I praise Him because I know He will continue to love me!

This is not just for me though! It is for you too! Do you hear Him calling you by your name, to come sit in the quite place with Him? Not so He can tell you how bad you have been. No, He wants to call you in His kindness to come be alone with Him. To sit and ponder on His word, so your heart can be refreshed and you love for Him renewed. I love the King James version of this verse : Because he has set His love upon Me. Go. Go to Him. Set your love upon Him now. Let His gentle Spirit lead you back to a place where you long to be alone with Him. Not for any other reason than you just love to be with Him.

Here are a few verses that ignite this love in me for Him!

Job 37:1-13 "At this also my heart trembles and leaps out of its place. (2) Keep listening to the thunder of his voice and the rumbling that comes from his mouth. (3) Under the whole heaven he lets it go, and his lightning to the corners of the earth. (4) After it his voice roars; he thunders with his majestic voice, and he does not restrain the lightnings when his voice is heard. (5) God thunders wondrously with his voice; he does great things that we cannot comprehend. (6) For to the snow he says, 'Fall on the earth,' likewise to the downpour, his mighty downpour. (7) He seals up the hand of every man, that all men whom he made may know it. (8) Then the beasts go into their lairs, and remain in their dens. (9) From its chamber comes the whirlwind, and cold from the scattering winds. (10) By the breath of God ice is given, and the broad waters are frozen fast. (11) He loads the thick cloud with moisture; the clouds scatter his lightning. (12) They turn around and around by his guidance, to accomplish all that he commands them on the face of the habitable world. (13) Whether for correction or for his land or for love, he causes it to happen.

Psa 3:3 But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.

Psa 18:10 He rode on a cherub and flew; he came swiftly on the wings of the wind.

Psa 18:18-19 They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the LORD was my support. (19) He brought me out into a broad place; he rescued me, because he delighted in me.

Psa 18:35 You have given me the shield of your salvation, and your right hand supported me, and your gentleness made me great.

Psa 30:5 For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

Jer 33:8-9 I will cleanse them from all the guilt of their sin against me, and I will forgive all the guilt of their sin and rebellion against me. (9) And this city shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and a glory before all the nations of the earth who shall hear of all the good that I do for them. They shall fear and tremble because of all the good and all the prosperity I provide for it.

Isa 40:11 He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young.

Isa 42:6 "I am the LORD; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, Isa 43:1 But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.

Isa 43:4-5 Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you...

Isa 43:13 Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?"

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.

Psalm 91:4 He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.

No comments:

Post a Comment